Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spandau Ballet Reformation Tour

Well Spandau Ballet with very special guests – Tears for Fears hit Brisbane last night with a big stick of nostalgia – I loved it! First up we had a support band called Boom Crash Opera who were fantastic, I don’t know much about them, but the singers voice was really good. Then it was time for Tears for Fears….

Tears for Fears opened with ‘Mad World’ and from the opening chords the crowd just erupted to their feet and I was instantly transported back to the 80s – our trip down memory lane had begun in earnest and it only got better! The other big hits that got the crowd going was'Everybody Wants to Rule the World,' ‘Head over Heels,’ ‘Woman in Chains’ and the final song that they performed – ‘Shout.’ It was a great warm up for what was to come. I had never seen Tears for Fears in concert before, but they seem to have a really good sense of humor.




Finally the time for Spandau Ballet had arrived and all I can say was WOW! They were just as good, if not better, than when I last saw them on their last tour. Tony’s voice seems to be getting stronger and the whole band still looked like they were having fun. The stage show included pictures and video from their past as well which really helped to add to the nostalgia. They did change a couple of the songs, one successfully the other not so – in my opinion anyway.

Overall the show was sensational and I’ll post a link here when I write my full review and photos – Spandau Still Rules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment