Wednesday, April 27, 2011

X is for XTC

Now as you know I'm competing in the A-Z Blogging Challenge this month and (like many others I'm sure) I had thought ahead for some of the letters and X was always going to be XTC simply for their single Senses Working Overtime.

What I didn't realize until I came to write this post was that XTC were active from 1976 right through until 2005 and released 14 albums.   This was a total shock to me as I couldn't name any other XTC song besides the excellent 1982 single that I've mentioned before - Senses Working Overtime.

Did you know of any other XTC songs?   I have always thought of them as a one hit wonder so I'll be interested to hear if you know their other music.

and I've got one, two, three, four, five,
senses working overtime.....
Check them out on TOTPs thanks to YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Although I've heard a couple XTC songs, I don't think I've ever heard "Senses Working Overtime"... and the only song I actually remember is "Dear God".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's interesting - I just popped over to YouTube (what did we do before the internet?) to listen to Dear God and I can honestly say I don't think I'd ever heard it before.

    ReplyDelete